Karl Smith – Founder and Director
Karl Smith, 2006 to Present
Karl Smith is a Fellow of the British Computer Society, a member by invitation of BCS ELITE (Effective Leadership in IT) the CIO & CTO group and European CIO Association. He mainly works as an interim consultant, CIO, CTO or CXO but also joins companies on a permanent bases to deliver the change they are seeking.
He holds an MSc in Computing from Napier University, Edinburgh and is involved in continuing professional development in both enterprise management and enterprise technologies. He works on global programs and hold both a UK passport and an EU passport through dual nationality.
He has a track record since 1989 of designing, launching and delivering global and national new business models, organisational designs, professional services, capabilities and client services working with VC, consulting companies or hired direct by clients.
As a management consultant his main involvement has been in Senior Leadership on the sales pipeline with RFI’s and RFP’s and POC work. In order to deliver into Healthcare, Telecom, Manufacturing, Services, Strategy, Financial Services, Consumer Goods and Manufacturing. Karl has been an Agile practitioner since 2004, involved in supporting both business agility and technology adoption of Agile in context of specific organisations. Including Enterprise Agile Portfolio management and an extension of SAFe towards Customer Journey Target Operating Models focused on Idea to Value progression for Outcome based Transformations.
Working with legacy or greenfield contexts he turns them into successful ecosystems, engagements, revenue generating offerings though a Business Agility, Organizational Agility, Lean-Agile Leadership and Human Centered (UX and CX strategy) including;
– The Scottish Government – Disability Benefits (service design)
– RBS Ways of Working – SAFe Agile (Org, ITIL, Services, Products, HR)
– The University of Edinburgh EdGEL (as a service)
– Wipro Digital (invention and launch) Digital Consultancy – Europe and USA
– Accenture EUX (as a service) – Globally
– UK National Census Online 2011
– National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme (NDORS)
– Learn Direct (nothingcanstopyounow)
– Hanover Housing Digitisation (web services and private community)
– Bradford College (college as a context)
– Disability Now (community and rights)
– The Channel Islands Government
He has always been fascinated by how technology can augment the lives of humans;
“My desire was not to build things that humans already do but to find out how technology could evolve our human experience.”